Food insecurity has surged in Regina - this fall we need to feed 13,000 people a month, 40% of which are children. This is nearly double the community need at this time last year. With your help, we can help to end hunger and feed hope with the Mosaic Million Meal Challenge - and we know Regina has our back!
With the help of our friends at the Mosaic Company, we are launching a movement to raise 1 million meals for Regina residents this October. There are a million reasons why we care about our neighbours. Share your on social media and challenge your friends and family to do the same!
Join us for the Drive Through Food Drive October 10th from 11am - 3pm at Evraz Place.
Be our Champion
Every day in October, we will feature and celebrate a community champion. Help the march to a million:
- Post a picture with a Million Meal Challenge frame on you social media channels
- Include a quote saying why you are feeding your neighbours
- Tag 5 contacts and challenge them to match or beat your meal raise
- Encourage your network to join the movement
2) Donate your number
Join our Captain, Rider Alumni Paul Woldu, and his teammates Neal Hughes, Chris Getzlaf, and Dan Farthing to Donate Your Numbers!
- Take a photo of yourself or your family wearing your jerseys
- Post it on social and tag 3 former or current teammates to donate a dollar amount equal to their jersey number
Paul is #21 so his donation of $21 dollars = 63 meals. By challenging his teammates Neal Hughes (#32) and Dan Farthing (#10) and Chris Getzlaf (#89), he just secured 456 meals for the Food Bank!
Have young ones? Encourage them and their teammates to each donate $1 for their jerseys - each securing 3 meals for children in need.
Flexible and impactful ways to help us get to a million:
- Collect what you can from your colleagues
- As a company, match what your staff raise and give what you can
Challenge the community to meet or beat your raise
Name and tag community members, vendors, customers, and partners on your social channels to help kick-start the movement to a million and donate meals for every new sale!
Collect non-perishable food items for our in-demand food list over the month of October.
Remember, 1 pound of food equals 1.2 meals for those in need - so every pound counts.
Every dollar raised secures us 3 meals.
$5 - 15 meals | $50 = 150 meals | $1,000 = 3,000 meals
You have our back. We have yours
- Need a donation bin? We will drop one off
- Tax receipts for monetary donations
- Prizes & community celebration for top 10 meals raised!
- Food picked up Nov 2 - 6
Get in touch
For more information, contact David Froh at [email protected] or 306-550-4823.
Regina, we know you have our back - this community has never turned down a challenge, and this one is big. With your help, we can secure one million meals for the community.